Thursday, February 25, 2010

Will red paint de-laminate my vinyl-coated metal front door?

I recently purchased a multi-section, manufactured home which is 10 years old. I bought Valspar exterior glossy Fabulous Red for the front door (there's a storm door, too.) I live in Indiana. This door faces mostly south and there's no shade in the yard. I've been told that temperatures can reach 200 degrees between the two doors.





Will any dark color be a problem? I've been told that red will cause the vinyl to blister and peel off.Will red paint de-laminate my vinyl-coated metal front door?
the paint wont its the heat build up between the doors that will affect the doorWill red paint de-laminate my vinyl-coated metal front door?
I'd be a bit hesitant to go with such a darker color. Vinyl expands and contract naturally more than most other products and now you want to complicate it with a heat absorbing color in a ';greenhouse'; like environment just behind the storm door.





Talk to a good paint retailer and ask them what they feel will work.
we live in Arkansas and it gets really hot here and have a double wide with a vinyl covered door and I painted it dark blue several years ago and it looks just fine. In fact the factory white paint peeled off rather quickly which was the reason for painting it in the first place so you should have not problems with painting it in my opinion it should actually weather better.
You assume too much about the existing finish of your door. Before you entertain another finish, you must comprehend what allready exhists! Untill you can discerne what is there, you are just flying blind into a morbid desire of quick gratification. Yes-she is on your ***! No- you know you can be very gratifying. Be your man and do a manly thing.-Period and end of discusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment