Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I paint a vinyl foor:?

YES, wash the floor with TSP, prime with a good stain killing primer and paint with a good quality Latex paint. Paints yrs ago did not streach like the latex paints do today. As long as you prep the floor properly it will work but you get what you pay for so dont skimp on the quality of the paint. It will work Trust me Ive done it many timesCan I paint a vinyl foor:?
No,no,and no again...sorry!!Can I paint a vinyl foor:?
You can if you use a good quality primer....wouldnt advise it though it wouldnt be long term....rip it up and replace it or lay ceramic floors...they'll last a lifetime...
No because the paint will crack.
No, I wouldn't consider painting a vynil floor.


1: consider all of the wax build up aready on the floor.


2: it would never hold up to day to day activities.


3: I've never heard of painting a vynil floor.


Of course you can do it, anything is possible.
Yes, but you really need to do the prep work required for the new paint to adhere. And when you are finished painting you should clear coat with several coats of urethane to seal the floor.





Kilz probably makes a primer specifically for this type of situation. I would consider painting with a porch paint, as it is designed for hardier wear.
yes, you just get some vinyl paint .your hardware store will tell you which type
Oh yes.. it can be done and I have seen it done.. Even my mother did it on our floor when I was young.. what a mess. the paint will chip off in short time and making it look worse than befoere..

No comments:

Post a Comment