Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to paint vinyl floors?

Porch paint does work well on vinyl floors, as does acrylic and latex. To get the most durability for the long term, however, prime the vinyl floor first with Kilz or Bin stain blocking primer. These products give the surface which is slick some tooth for the paint to adhere. Also, I strongly recomment sealing with a non-yellowing polyurethane and at least 3 coats. This will prolong the life of the paint, keep it from wearing or flaking off in high traffic areas.How to paint vinyl floors?
On an episode of Debbie Travis, she put down a vinyl floor, and since she wanted to customize the colour, she primed it, painted it the colour she wanted,and then coated it with polyurethane. It looked absolutely beautiful, and although it may take all day waiting for the different paints to dry, it goes on very easy, with just a roller!How to paint vinyl floors?
I painted an old vinyl floor (it was vinyl tiles) because it looked bad and I figured ';what do I have to lose?';. I painted the first coat with grey porch paint (because it expands and contracts) and then I came over it with a darker blue and I sponged that on. I tell you, the floor came out great!! It looked brand new. I would advise you to use the porch paint because its more durable and flexes. Godloveya.

No comments:

Post a Comment