Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vinyl Siding - can U paint it? I got 2 different answers at Home Depot - one said ';no'; and another yes?

For EXTERIOR work: Guy in the siding/lumber area said you couldn't paint vinyl siding, but the paint department said yes provide you're using a light color.





I'm priming with KILZ premium primer then painting with Behr exterior flat primer/paint mix.





Thinking the KILZ will give it the base the paint needs to hold.Vinyl Siding - can U paint it? I got 2 different answers at Home Depot - one said ';no'; and another yes?
You can paint vinyl siding as long as you use a good exterior primer and go with a lighter shade. I worked in the paint department at Home Depot for 1 year. Most of our lumber guys had no idea what and how things could be painted. Go with the paint department person. They have had training on this. I think they would know what they are talking about.Vinyl Siding - can U paint it? I got 2 different answers at Home Depot - one said ';no'; and another yes?
paint it only with a lighter color than previous. i read once.

No comments:

Post a Comment