Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can I paint walls in my home that are vinyl covered wallboard?

we live in a modular home that has vinyl covered sheetrock - I want to remove the strips between the sheets and paint the wallsHow can I paint walls in my home that are vinyl covered wallboard?
howdee--after you remove the strips , make sure there are no staples sticking out, tape and mud seams with joint compound, this is a good time to also fix any defect in the walls , like where pictures were hanging and etc , using a good 6 '; knife, lite weight joint compond , which can be bought in 1 gallon bucket, works best it 's smoother, be sure to stir it up real good, as this makes it go on even smoother, apply 3 coats, allowing it each coat to dry over nite, or you can use 20 minute compound, it comes in a powder form and you mix water with it and dries in 20 minutes or less ,lightly sanding between coats, apply a good coat of sealer -primer paint, now you are ready to apply the finish coat, no matter what brand, cost range or color, be sure to apply 2 good coats, we use a flat or matte finish , hope this helps a little bitHow can I paint walls in my home that are vinyl covered wallboard?
Reapply another layer of sheetrock, tape the seams, prime and paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment