Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have an old ugly mauve vinyl chair that I would like to paint.?

Can anyone give me any ideas on what brand of paint I should use that would do the best job. I'll probably just paint it white. I know that Rustoleum can do the job, but is there something better and has anyone ever painted vinyl like this before (ie., beanbag, etc.)?I have an old ugly mauve vinyl chair that I would like to paint.?
It can be painted with automotive upholstery paint. You will find it at an automotive paint specialty store. It is available in spray cans or can be custom mixed. You can also have it painted at a body shop.I have an old ugly mauve vinyl chair that I would like to paint.?
dont paint it, it wont last,, elastomeric compound works on a house but vinyl is too flexible,





if you have a chair, invest in a black and decker staple gun and some vinyl or nogahyde at the fabric store
might want to look at a fabric stain..would probably have to be a darker color
The paint is not flexible enough to stay on flexible plastic, it will crack and peel. Your best bet is to make (or buy) a slipcover or reupholster.
Check automotive paint supply stores. My dad painted many cars when i was young and there was a special dye he sprayed vinyl tops with. Ordinary paint is not going to work.
They have a new Krylon spray paint for plastic that I have bought and been meaning to try but haven't gotten around to it yet. Great colors! Make sure you clean the surface very well, I mean probably a bleach solution, before painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment