Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have vinyl decking and I want to paint it a different color. What kind of paint do I use??

With knowing the BRAND of composite deck material, but knowing TREX to be one of the first, though I hear complaints all the time,,,they have made improvements.





First of all consider that composition. Pretty much like MDF, or as I rudely like to say ';GLIT';. Actually as it evolves it will hopefully replace the clear cutting of forests. It's a great factory tour too BTW, should you ever get the notion.





To Paint it, and with all due respect to another answer, DO NOT use Latex.





Epoxy based paints and similar; specific to exterior use will NOT degrade the deck substance, and given a proper dry/cure time can last as long, and hold up as well as anything you could paint over concrete.





Your issue will remain however, in that being an exterior surface, subject to the environment and wear that any floor gets, you'll likely have to maintain it.





While I totally understand someones desire to change a color, I may never understand it, as it regards a DECK no matter the material.





Steven WolfI have vinyl decking and I want to paint it a different color. What kind of paint do I use??
Go to Lowe's or wherever you bought your decking, %26amp; see what they recommend.I have vinyl decking and I want to paint it a different color. What kind of paint do I use??
Use a good quality Exterior Flat floor or deck paint . Most brands carry them. Be sure your existing surface is clean and free of dirt and dust. Bye I almost forgot to tell you to use water based, it's easier.
If its vinyl, it probably won't take paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment